Claude Knowlton Headshot

Thursday, November 18, 2010

AXE Audition Yesterday

My agent calls me with the perfect audition for me. Here is what the breakdown called for:

AUTHENTIC FRENCHMAN. REAL TO ATTRACTIVE LOOKING, INTERESTING AND UNIQUE FACE. GREAT ACTOR, GOOD WITH DIALOGUE, COMEDY AND IMPROV. HE IS THE QUINTESSENTIAL, MODERN, SOPHISTICATED FRENCHMAN. HE IS NOT A MODEL, BUT IS GOOD LOOKING, HAS A GREAT SENSE OF HUMOR, EXUDES CHARISMA AND CHARM, AND IS LOADED WITH CONFIDENCE AND SEX APPEAL. THINK GERARD DEPARDIEU OR ADRIEN BRODY.**MUST HAVE GREAT HAIR. Wardrobe:STYLISH SUIT, NO TIE

Hello????? That is so for me right?
Then, he tells me there is a backstory online about the character,

The story goes on and on about "GUY" a Frenchman who grew up surrounded by beautiful women in Paris and his mother had a hair salon and he became a hair model.etc... then it goes on about his conquest to teach men about LOVE and Hair Styles...very funny and very long back story for a "30 sec spot" but I read it about four times and felt good that I could play this "Guy" no problem.

I asked my agent if there were "Sides" and he adviced me to get there early and there might be "Sides".

I hadn't shaved in three days,my hair is the perfect length right now, so I put on my Black Hugo Boss suit, an open very well presses white shirt and my shiniest of shoes and do my hair the best I can.
 I felt really confident about this audition. I get there and indeed they were "Sides". I take them,do not sigh-in and get back in my car working on the sides over and over....

I can't tell you how much the back story helped me to be in the shoes of this character. I got back up there and the Casting Director asks me to first slate, and then improvise about who  "GUY" is, and what is he doing in America etc... So I started with my French accent and sometimes I even spoke in French and the Casting director was elated!

I then did the dialogue given to me and killed it.

The spot is about a kid holding flowers on his way to pick up a girl and GUY sees him with his bad hair. He tells him he needs a hair make-over and give him the AXE Smooth and Sophisticated bottle and help him style his hair...
The Casting Director said he really enjoyed my performance...yeah!!!

They were a couple guys there wearing jeans,had not read the back story and didn't get there early to pick up the sides....Always get to your audition 1 hour early if you can!!!! Things always change!!!

Callbacks are not till the 1st of December ...wish me luck!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment